Join me for ...

Join me for ...
... a journey through some of the most beautiful landscapes of Greece
... wanderings through the less traveled mainland and islands of Greece
... a pilgrimage into the deep vistas of the land of the gods

Saturday, August 23, 2014

How to Undress (with Discretion) on a Public Beach


When she walked onto the beach, she owned it. She was as lovely as a soft, summer's day and as sultry as the wine-dark night. She wore golden sandals and a caftan-like top that was on the very edge of her white shoulders. In her hand was a large beach bag. Into the bag she reached and pulled out two tiny pieces of cloth. I guessed (correctly) the strings were a bikini top and bottom. Her one hand went under her caftan and down fell a tiny pair of panties; her other hand went back under the garment, did a few twists and turns, and down fell what looked like a bra.

Her garment suggested transparency, but that was a trick--you saw what your eyes wanted you to see. After discarding the "street" clothing, she reached for her beach attire. With two quick steps, the bikini bottom disappeared under the caftan and with a reach behind and a reach on top to tie the knot, the bikini top was put in place. As she lifted her shoulders and allowed her caftan to fall, she raised her arms and removed the ribbon from her hair. She shook her head and her lovely, silken hair cascaded to her waist.

The grey-eyed goddess Athena stood before us. And this performance cost not one euro.

I could hardly wait to get back to my flat to imitate this routine. If she could do it, so could I--with practice. Wearing my appropriate undergarments covered by a large top, I slipped off my white, cotton (not too sexy) underpants and then did Athena one better by kicking them across the room. Ah ha, that was a good move. Dramatic. It would get attention. But when I tried smooth movements to remove my top, I fumbled and fumbled with hooks and realized that, for me, this just would not work. I was all thumbs.

To accomplish what Athena did, one has to appear to be poetry in motion. And that is what she presented on the beach--a lovely tabloid of poetry in motion. Thank you, Athena. I would wager that not everyone on the beach noticed your grey eyes, but I did because I saw them sparkle when you completed your exquisite performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment